Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Visible Filth, cleaning it all up across the country, every street must be beautiful

Earlier Mumbai, now Bhilwara. A'bad is fairly clean compared to these two towns. But guess A'bad (and few other cities as well) is an exception in this country.

Visible filth depresses me.

When I travel by train, most often I alight with rather discomforting feelings. The sights around are saddening.

I want to do something to remove the VISIBLE FILTH. I have some ideas but I wanna know from everyone, who reads this, what should/can be done. There are some agencies who are already working towards this. There are government agencies whose regular work involves removing VISIBLE FILTH. But I don't think either group has been massively effective. By 'massively' I mean at a nation-wide level. Forget nation-wide, don't think any agency has been effective even at a local street level. So I want to do something.

Any suggestions?

Comments section is open. Alternatively write to me at sidsoni at gmail.com.

If you think, your friends might also have something to say, please share this link with them. My gratitude in advance.

2 comments:

  1. i share your feelings about the anger at visible filth. Though I do not share your enthusiasm for being able to do something about it.

    Hopefully your future accounts of success you had shall motivate me some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only one solution- accountability. One reason the face of Gujrat has changed is the accountability that the local state government has imposed. If the local agencies are not doing their job well, the CMO can be reached and the CMO is prompt in action.

    We can debate if awareness or morality is the right way. Fear may not be the way- but it does work at times. Saam-Daam-Dand....

    Yes I realize that in this case, a sweeper is doing his job well only under fear of higher action; it is much like the high Fines in Singapore ensure the city is clean.

    ReplyDelete