Saturday, January 8, 2011

SMS from a good friend

Man, I see the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

:) I've held myself back and haven't bought the much desired motorcycle for the last one year. And I'm gonna buy a good bicycle soon, stay fit and sleep well. And share good things I read and think :).

2 comments:

  1. I dont know to agree on this sms or not but 1 thing for sure, The common man depiction is not entirely wrong... cause I feel HOPE is the RAY of life... And TV r keeping the HOPE alive in the common man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Priyanka

    Agreement is hard to come by for such a message :). It sounds dark. However, there are a few pertinent messages in there...

    Advertising has us chasing things which at best are only good distractions. I think so as well.

    Our Great War's a Spiritual War. Definitely. It has ever since there's been mankind. Now with the presence of media, we can see the stark realities. The spiritual struggle has never been witnessed so vividly.

    And after everything, there's a chance to be the rockstar, to be the millionaire (if really desired) or whatever else... I sense we need good coaches :) and good stories :)

    ReplyDelete