Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Patli gali se nikal le...

If you are curious like me, you would ask, "kaise nikalte hain patli gali se?!"

When I was in college, I used to time myself everyday. I used to keep a track of how much I would take to reach on my motorcycle. One day I was in a bit of a hurry.

After that 'hurry', what's the question in your head. "Then?"

If you ask me, "Why?" I am not sure I remember. And I am not even sure you'll enjoy the narration.

'Why' is the reason. Every event, every story has a 'why' and a 'how'. 'How' is the sequence. 'How' are the details.

'Why' is the short-cut. 'How' is the actual living.

"Why did you change 5 jobs in such a short career?" might not have as entertaining and as revealing an answer as "How did you manage to change 5 jobs in such a short career?"

Where you want people to work, "how" will help you choose better than "why". "Why" is the ideologue. "How" is the man of the word and a man of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment