Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Suppose I were Humpty Dumpty

and you knew that I am so fond of motorcycling, you would say, "Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!"

Talk about my sense of humor. :)

Some blood stains on my shirt below.


Those are the positive scraps out of my jeans torn away so that my knee could be dressed.


That's my knee and the negative cut out in my jeans.


Don't ask me how the accident happened. In short, a little slum-kid of about 3-4 yrs just popped up in the middle of the road rather nonchalantly. I braked hard and fell. Nothing happened to the kid. Walked away like they typically do.

While I was falling, in that half a second, I just said to myself, "I am in for some serious stuff here."

Well I got up almost in a push-up manner. What a relief it was when I found that my legs and hands were fit enough to push me up after a nice motorcycle fall. No it isn't funny. I was scared about having broken a bone or two.

Anyway, I just feel it helps to keep (or try hard to keep) our body in shape. There's just a slight bit of better control and balance in our movements and acts, if we work to keep the body in shape. And that 'little better' goes a long way. To relate my efforts to stay fit with the accident might seem far-fetched but there's no other way I can think about it.

We've been gifted with an amazingly evolved and arranged body. It's organic and has its own ways and so very easy to abuse it. But quite a bit rewarding when we put in effort to stay fit and in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment