Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Barefoot Running Shoes in India (Post # 4)

Shoe-mania that I have, especially for the ones meant for running and workout, I've been trying the barefoot types from various brands.

I received the FILA Skeletoes just a couple of days back. They look similar to Vibrams FiveFingers. And the quality is also good. Haven't gone running yet but they feel good and sturdy.


I use the red VivoBarefoot for running often and they don't disappoint. Very light and airy.


The Vibrams pair was the first in the series of barefoot shoes I've tried. My experience in these has been the best so far. Vivo has softer soles than the Vibrams. When on the ground, I like the slightly harder soles better. For general purposes softer soles are fine but while running, Vibrams feel better.

In each of the above-tried shoes I have one and the same problem. Since I sweat rather profusely, obviously the shoes start emitting an unpleasant smell. So I have to wash them rather frequently. Let's say after every second run.

So, in my search for the perfect (where I feel closest to the ground, in which the soles feel fairly sturdy and in which I can wear socks) barefoot shoes, I came across Merrell. Since this is the normal age-old shoe shape, wearing socks is easy. I found out that Merrell shoes use the same tough Vibrams barefoot soles. But the disappointing part is, like Vibrams FiveFingers and Fila Skeletoes, Merrell Gloves (yes, they call these shoes Gloves) are not available in India!
So I reckon when I get a chance, I'll get these. Most likely, my search for the perfect barefoot running shoes might be answered for some time at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment