Monday, September 27, 2010

3 mins drive and hot chapatis :)

That's right. That's the time I take to reach my office. Precisely one kilometer from where we stay. Precisely 3 mins to take the car out of parking, vroom and park again.

What this does is allow me to come home again at lunch and have some good hot chapatis. :) Oh, how missed that ever since I left Ahmedabad for the fast life of Mumbai. Wonder how many people have a similar arrangement in Mumbai...

But that's not all. As flexible and comfortable it sounds, the 117 minutes I save get dedicated to the hospital. So effectively, it's an 11 hour tight workday for me. Not that I mind; I am gradually getting into a routine wherein I can workout in the morning without a lot of hurry and haste.

3 comments:

  1. So why do you have to take out your car at all? You could even manage with a walk or a cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Mukesh, except that the heat here is torrid. And I don't have my cycle here. Once I do I might not need my car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Arti home too when u come home for lunch?
    And what's up at the hospital?

    ReplyDelete