Sunday, September 12, 2010

Managing a hospital isn't easy

That's what I've realized. Doesn't mean I can't do it ;).

Just trying to introduce a certain way of working here.

One of the things that I find in first generation entrepreneur-driven businesses is that a lot of execution on the ground level happens without any paper work. A lot of strategic thinking also happens without putting pen to paper. So the first task I've taken is to make people do things through writing. No essays. Very simple tasks.

I'm allotting tasks as if I am preparing bills for accounts. Yes! For the first time in my life I recognize the importance of carbon paper :). There are so many tasks at the same time; I need to make sure that each one of them is taken care of. So what I do is this. I write down a task for a certain person and give that sheet of paper to that person; but I also keep a copy of it for myself so that I can follow up as and when needed.

It's working so far.

This isn't all. This also requires some management :). And there's way a to do this.

Stay tuned. More in the coming posts. Task management using trays... Coming soon :).

2 comments: