Saturday, June 4, 2011

A few li'l bits about Mississippi Earrings


It has taken 4 years of experimentation and dabbling, and 5 months of full-time effort to give it a concrete shape finally.

I don't know how I took a fascination for earrings. But anyhow I did :). I think I was looking for a gift and I realized that earrings make for such beautiful gifts. Earrings add so much to a woman's face.

As and when I would save some monies, I would try to get some designs made. A lot of them came out beautiful, some of them didn't impress me much. But the response of people around was encouraging nonetheless. So the dabbling continued.

For a long time, I was trying to figure out how to afford to spend more time towards this fascination of mine. Made 'business' presentations and projections and met quite a few people... I elicited interest but never kind of got a 'nod'. Until I met Amit; I worked with him for about an year and a half before moving to Mumbai. He was ready to bet on me without seeing any presentation. But I guess, when I did make the presentation to him, he was convinced that the concept was definitely interesting enough to give a shot.

So, finally Mississippi happened.

Of course, people raised a lot of questions too. I was into a 'good' job, a 'good' company and so on... And of course, the MICA background. Guess all new initiatives have to somehow make their way out of the 'well' of past. And the well of past achievements/experiences is a really really deep one. Even to see light from that real deep well is one mighty task. I saw light :D.

I hope to sustain the momentum. And I hope to thrill those who visit MISSISSIPPI... Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment