Saturday, June 21, 2008

Avenger 200 - A Review

I've covered 5500 kms on my Avenger 200 which I bought in January this year. So am sharing a few thoughts - positive and negative - about the bike. Of course, these could be generic to all Avengers or perhaps particular to just mine.
  1. Suspension isn't great. Yes, I bought the bike thinking since it's a cruiser-styled bike, I would relish riding it to my office and back (22 kms ride one way). However, it isn't really so. And Mumbai's roads never really help the cause. Having said that I'm sure no company can be more conversant with Indian conditions than Bajaj is. So suspension, especially on a cruiser, should've been taken care of.
  2. Speedometer & Fuelmeter get foggy. Now, this is extremely irritating. As soon as it rains a bit, the fuelmeter and speedometer, both get foggy. Dew drops form inside and that doesn't quite impress.
  3. Mileage is between 35-40. I think that's quite reasonable given Mumbai's traffic congestion.
  4. The bike feels sturdy but not always steady. At >150kgs, the bike feels really sturdy. Rides decently on highways also. But on occasions it wobbles on certain types of roads. For example, if the tar on the road assumes stripes because of the way it was made and shaped, the bike starts wobbling, sometimes to the extent that I have to come to a halt and resume my journey again.
  5. Tough to push it beyond 70-75kmph. Don't quite know whether it's a problem with the speedometer or whether it's to do with the engine itself. The bike struggles to respond beyond the 70kmph speed.
So, all Avenger aspirants, please keep these points in mind when you consider buying this bike. Of course, if you want to talk about more details, you can always write to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment