Thursday, March 17, 2011

Experiment with 'standing while working'


Have so very often felt that sitting is not a great posture while working. Guess it increases the waistline and makes one soporific and dulls the senses.

Earlier once, when I was in a job, I had asked for a 'standing desk' at office. But office being office, people fail to experiment with the smallest of things.

Today after checking out a couple of furniture stores, I realized I would have to make do on my own. So here's the arrangement :).

1 comment:

  1. Indian offices do not have adjustable working table! Strangely I never realized this till I saw automatic motor adjustable working tables in offices in Sweden! Same is true of many other public amenities, buses, trains, toilets, etc all being design friendly to normal as well as people with disabilities, pregnant women, children, old people in many countries outside of India. I guess it is to do with the stage of evolution that we are in as a country or the Indian philosophy to adjust rather than demand from the host (host here being your employer)! we are still focused on surviving rather then thinking of demanding basic things like comfort everywhere we go. Even the so called big MNCs setting up offices in India (who have much better office amenities else where in the world) know this and provide us with stress inducing work places!!!

    I never realized this till I saw the other side. Good observation :-)

    ReplyDelete