Sunday, May 29, 2011

When I hate myself

A few days back while taking my car out of the parking, I bumped into another car parked close-by, denting it a little on the front door. I really didn't spot the car earlier; wonder how I missed it but it happened. Was scheduled for a meeting so moved out quickly thinking when I would come back I would inform the owner and apologize.

Forgot the apology that evening. Forgot the next day too. Few days passed until today I came face to face with the car owner and recalled that little accident. Without a surprise, he was annoyed. I couldn't say much.

The thing that troubles me isn't the accident but my own lack of responsiveness. How many times things happen to us and, to our frustration, the other person just doesn't bother to respond in any manner. Thinking about the car-owner's frustration makes me livid inside.

Just called him and apologized. Hope my apologies offer some peace after all.

3 comments:

  1. quite true but i am sure atleast now the owner know who was the person who hurt him atleast he has got a face to the unknown identity which would have helped him calm down a bit at times we dont even know who and what actually hurt us and for what reason an we live by it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its obvious that when you confronted the owner he was annoyed but even for a sec if he would have thought that this person after few days came to me....why? what was the need? he would have been happy to see something unusual and wonderful in this world ...but anyways...the way world is going around...its tumbling here n there....so without hating yourself ...just admire yourself for being responsive enough to confront....very few do that. :-)...keep it up

    ReplyDelete