Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stand Up Desk

Haven't quite gone into the science of 'how sitting can be detrimental to health', but quite some time back started feeling that sitting for long isn't the right thing for my body. Had asked for a stand-up desk at office but you know the vagaries of uniformity. Since everyone must be treated equally, 'equal treatment' percolated in the sitting infrastructure as well.

Anyhow, I am out of that office. And one of the first things I did once out of office was get myself a Stand-up Desk made.

A senior friend, Rohit Varma, shared a link to the article titled "Confirmed: He Who Sits the Most Dies the Soonest", so I felt I should share these pics:


A slightly closer look below:


Doesn't mean I don't sit and work. But it does mean that I give myself the space to alternate between the two modes.

I observe that sitting facilitates paunching. Nice rotund kind of paunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment