Skip to main content

Burly Red Beast


Couldn't resist motorcycling any more. While I liked the yellow one for sure, I couldn't move away from the red. And I booked one yesterday. Should get my hands on it tomorrow or, in any case, in a couple of days.

So the strange list of motorcycles I've owned and ridden now looks like this:
  1. Hero Honda Splendor (1996-1998)
  2. Yamaha RXG 135 (1998-2004)
  3. Bajaj Kawasaki Wind 125 (2004-2006)
  4. Royal Enfield Machismo (2006-2008)
  5. Bajaj Avenger 200 (2007-2009)
  6. Yamaha FZ16 (2011...)
And of course, I've experienced quite a few other bikes as well in all these years.

So yes, after a 2-year hiatus, am back to motorcycling. Why FZ16? Not that I am a very knowledgeable motorcyclist or a motorcycle tourist. Though I ride fast and have deft reflexes, never had an instinct or desire to race or stunt or turn sharply around corners. Whatever it is, for me when it comes to automobiles, nothing beats the simple pleasure of riding on two wheels. And while riding is the best experience, I can sense the refinement of a motorcycle simply on the basis of the engine sound and the way it looks. My feeling before and after riding the FZ stayed the same - it is the most-refined and most-exciting little motorcycle India has. That's why the choice.

I'll keep readers posted on my experience with the burly little red beast.

Popular posts from this blog

Afghani Nuskha, Sex, Nudity & Beer

Yes, these've garnered greatest eyeballs on my blog. I'm sure all who've landed on my blog searching for these were lured by the headlines and disappointed by the content ;). An experiment of sorts, it's got good result. Let me call this the short-term dynamics and the dominance of 'baser' instincts. Rest you can infer.

Have a great Monday!

David Damron on filling time

Just a few moments back I read this guest post by David Damron (of The Minimalist Path) on ZenHabits. Fantastic read. Simple to apply and see the result for yourself. So, am publishing the same post here. Spread the message far and wide (for it is mighty important) :).

In the post below, forget the word Materialism. It isn't such a 'spiritual' lesson after all; though it could be if you want to take it that way. My point is it might just help you to set some worthy goals for yourself.

---

Cutting the Cord to Materialism
Let’s start with an exercise … Grab a small sheet of paper and a pen or pencil.After you read the following question, please take 5 deep breaths before answering.Write your response to the up-coming question on your piece of paper in one sentence.Here is your question to answer:

If you had the opportunity to do one activity for one week without any worry about finances, cost, or other outside commitments, what would you love to do for this week?

I hope you …

Afghani Nuskha & Japani Tel

Today's Rajasthan Patrika, last page, premium spots :). Mumbai's local trains also carry similar things...